Have you ever been flipping through a magazine and seen a photo of a room that just jumps out at you? Then you think to yourself, "I wish I could design my home like that..." Well, I am starting a new segment for SBD called Get The Look for just that reason. Basically, I will be choosing photos periodically and doing some research and making a board on how to "get the look" (on a budge of course!)
Sound fun? Lets get started.
What caught my eye: There is a lot of contrast in this room which makes it interesting. The walls are soft blue while the bed is large and dark. There is also a mirrored dresser to add texture and shine, and finished the room off with some fantastic, eye-catching curtains.
Here are my sources:
1. Wall paint- Sherwin Williams SW6770 Bubble
2. Trim paint- Sherwin Williams SW7551 Greek Villa
3. Table lamp- Crate and Barrel, Shaye lamp. $229
4. Mirror Dresser- Pier 1, Hayworth 4-drawer Dresser. $575
5. Quilt- Pottery Barn, Essential Quilt, Sandalwood. $79
6. Comforter- Target, Simply Shabby Comfortor Set. $119
7. Floor Lamp- Pottery Barn, Gillian Candlestick Floor Lamp, Bronze. $150
8. Curtains- Overstock.com, Bue and Tan Silk. $99
9. bed- Restoration Hardware, Marston Sleigh Bed. $1,955