I hear it all the time. People ask me what I do for a living and when I say that I am an interior designer the reaction goes a little something like this... " That's awesome! So do you jus get to pick out pillows all day? How fun!"
If only it were that easy...
Dont get me wrong! I absolutely get to pick out pillows! And I love that I have a job where I get do design rooms for people and make their dream (homes) come true. I also love that I have a job that people are interested in! When I tell people that I am an interior designer it almost always leads to a great conversation! But, don't be fooled by the fluffy goodness you see above my friends, its not all glitz and glam (and pillows)...
Here is a little glimpse at the past week or two in my work life.
1. I dug through rolls and rolls of antique rugs to find this beauty for a client's living room.
2. These are some tile, countertop, and cabinetry options that I helped specify for a client's guest bathroom. And there were about 10 more where this came from.
3. I met with a bedding vendor and looked through some gorgeous bedding options. It basically made me want to re-do our master bedroom asap. I hope matt is ok with pink!
4. These are some plates that a client of ours has collected. I laid out an arrangement to hang on her dining room wall... and then I hung them all too.
5. Got a chair reupholstered in this lovely fabric.
6. Ordered a vintage lamp. It still works too! Whew, no rewiring here.
7. I started picking out Christmas decorations for a client! We are literally gonna deck the halls y'all
8. I had some roman shades hung and got a new chandelier installed. (This is one of my favorite parts about my job.... getting to see the design come together)
9. We visited a job site to do a walk through with the contractors and go over plans.
Well, there you have it. Thats a little of what my days look like. They are crazy and ALWAYS changing. I think I learn something new every day. But ya know, I wouldn't have it any other way.