We spend a ton of time in our bathrooms during the week getting ready for our day, but somehow the bathroom tends to get the short straw when it comes to design and money. It is understandable since typically the bathroom isn't a room that guests see a ton. But wouldn't it make all the difference to get our days started in a room that we really like? Well you don't have to gut your bathroom and spend a fortune to dress it up a little. here are 5 easy tips for dressing up your bathroom that you could pull together in a weekend (just in time for those in-laws to show up)
1. Swap our your standard bathmat for a rug with a fun pattern. It can be vintage or new... as long as it is interesting.
2. Hang a pretty mirror over the tub. Obviously this one is huge and most likely an antique, but you could find one with a similar look from a home goods store.
3. Use a basket to display extra towels. This is a particularly good tip for a guest bathroom because it will make extra towels easy for guests to find and give the bathroom sort of a "hotel" vibe. win-win
4. Use a piece of furniture in the bathroom, like a chair or a dresser or shelves for towels and bath supplies. Using a freestanding piece of furniture will make the bathroom feel more like a "room".
5. Garden stools or small tables are amazing in bathrooms. Not only do they look nice but they add functionality. They can be used as a place to sit or as a table for a glass of wine next to a tub.
All images can be sourced from my Pinterest page.