It's been nearly 10 months since I started Sarah Catherine Design... sometimes I cant believe it has already been that long, other times I can't believe its only been that long... but most of the time I cant believe that I have hung on this long!! It's a funny thing to chase a dream... especially a dream that is in some ways born from the death of a different dream. It was always sort of in the back of my head to start my own design business, but it wasn't something that I ever considered seriously until faced with the need to make some changes in my life in order to overcome a hard time. But here I am, doing it one day at a time. I am so thankful for my family, friends, and so many readers who have supported me along the way.
So today I wanted to open the floor a little and ask you all what you would like to see more of on the blog? As the Fall approaches, it seems like a good time to re-evaluate where I am spending my time and energy. It can be easy for me to fall into a pattern of just posting about whatever I feel is noteworthy or interesting... but I want to know what you guys are interested in as well!
Some of my favorite topics in the past have included:
- Sharing updates on some of my own design work | here, here, here and here
- Talking about interesting design trends or new industry vendors that I love | here, and here
- Providing insight on ideas for holiday decor | here and here
- Design tips and tricks and fun DIY projects | here, here and here
- Sharing highlights of my travel (usually with my main sidekick Blonde Atlas) | here, here and here
- Sharing about what is on my heart and the things that the Lord has been teaching me | here, here, here and here
Of course I plan to continue talking about these topics in the future. And I hope to share more and more of my design work with you guys as my projects progress too! So what would you like to see more of? Are there any topics that I am missing or don't speak on enough? I realize that I have slacked off on my blogging since starting my business.... there are no excuses... so my goal moving forward is to post every Monday and I would love for you to join me in the conversation each week! Starting now, by asking for your input, because you guys matter to me more than you know.